Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Some Of My Latest Projects


Hello to all of you followers. Here are pictures of more of my projects.
1. Black and Orange Pinata Cat
2. Spider Web Doily
3. Baby First Step
4. Two Cabbage Patch Dolls
5. Porcelain Doll
6. Baby Doll In Cradle
7. Baby Doll Hat and Cocoon
8. Reborn Dolls In Process
9. Quilt I made for Granddaughter.
As you can see I have not been just sitting around twiddling my thumbs. We had a Halloween Party for grand children and their friends. They wanted a cat pinata so I made them one. I haven't made one for a few years so it was fun to make one again. The grand children came to do the decorating, thank goodness. That is definitely to much work for me. #2 picture is a spider web doily of my own creation for the center of the table. A good time was had by all.
#3 picture is Baby First Step from 1964 that I bought on the Internet. She is wearing her new dress and headband I made for her. Next are two Cabbage Patch Kids that I bought and cleaned them up and made them new crochet outfits. The cloth Cabbage Patch dolls with vinyl heads wash up very nicely in a front load washer. The yellow yarn hair doll had some kind of black spots on her face that all came out in the wash.
Next doll is a 10 inch porcelain one that I got on the Internet and she had no clothes. So I took care of that by crocheting her a new dress and made an under slip to match.
The baby in the cradle was one that I reborn and made her pajamas. The cradle I found at a sale. I cleaned it up and my Hubby painted it for me. I made bedding and a new blanket for the doll.
#9 is a Berjusa newborn baby doll I found on the Internet. I made her a matching hat and cocoon on Kniffty Knitter Looms. I have yet to make her some pajamas. (Another days project.)
I love to find dolls at used a bit stores, rummage sales, Internet and where ever. I love to take unwanted dolls clean them up fix their hair and give them new clothes so they know they are loved. I would do great at the Island of Misfit Toys ( from Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer). I hate to see dolls neglected and unloved. I guess I am still a little girl at heart and I will always love dolls. I have learned to re-root doll hair and repaint if necessary.
Next is a picture of dolls in the process of being reborn. those have been finished and I have four more in the process. I always have projects in process. That way I always have something for the next day (or next month).
Last but not least is a quilt I made for one of our granddaughters.I made it with the technique of rag quilting. That is something I have learned to do that I really like. It was finished before Christmas last year but I never saw her to give it to her until late this summer.
So as you can see I have been busy. These are only part of my projects, that is why I don't seem to get on here very often to add to my blog. If you have any questions please let me know. I will be very happy to answer you.
So until next time, have a Happy Thanksgiving, there is much to be thankful for. Take care and May God Bless, Hugs, DeeDee

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun stuff! I was given the Liebster Blog award, for up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. I'm passing it onto you! :) http://www.ahome-made.com/2011/11/liebster-blog-award.html xoxo

    ReplyDelete